About Us


The George Boom Funeral Home has operated under local ownership since it's founding by Maurice Burtsch in 1919.

In 1954 George Boom became partner in the Banton-Sorensen and Boom Funeral Home, which became the George Boom Funeral Home in 1956.

In the early 1990ís, the employees of George Boom Funeral Home purchased the firm. George and Faye Boom retired in 2010.

Anticipating the need for a location to serve the growing communities of Brandon, SD and Valley Springs, SD, an additional chapel was built on the eastern edge of Brandon. George Boom Funeral Chapel and Cremation Services in Brandon opened on June 26, 2006.








Sioux Falls location
3408 E. 10th Street
Sioux Falls,SD 57103
605-336-1454
800-440-6861
Brandon Valley location
2500 E. Aspen Blvd
P.O. Box 168
Brandon, SD 57005
605-582-7473
800-440-6861